Thursday, June 30, 2011

Cars from the 50s and 60s

A Good Show
A friend sent me the following link to a slide show showing the old cars of the 1950s and 1960s. It brought back a lot of memories to me, and I thought some of my family and friends might enjoy it also. Click on the link below:

The Cars We Drove

The above presentation was developed by OldBlueWebDesigns.com

Two of My Cars
My first car was a 1950 Ford. Here’s a picture of me with that car when I was in high school.Jims50Ford2
I later had it painted black and it was a beauty. It had a flat head V8 engine that was smooth and quiet.

Jim1961My favorite car I owned was a 1957 Chevrolet convertible. I had this car when Beverly and I got married. Here’s another picture that shows the car. The car was canary yellow with a white top. Oh, I wish I still had that car today.

Fishing Today
I hope to be on the lake today. Doug, Ralph, and I are going back to South Holston Lake to troll for some of those big Lake Trout. So far this year, we’ve gotten our limit each trip. The limit is 2 lake trout per person.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
This is true, “
All things in life are temporary. If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don't worry, they can't last long either.”
Remember, this too, shall pass.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Never ruin an apology with an excuse.
~Kimberly Johnson

~~~
Joke of the Day

This farmer had a grouchy wife who nagged him all the time. One day while he was outside plowing the field, she came out and started nagging him. While she was doing this, the mule kicked her and she died.

At the funeral, the ladies came up and talked to the farmer. The farmer nodded his head "yes".

The men came up and talked to him and the farmer nodded his head "no”.

Well this other man wondered why he nodded his head "yes" to the ladies and "no" to the men. Then, he went up to the farmer and asked him why.

The farmer replied,” Well, when the ladies came up, they told me how pretty my wife's dress was and how pretty she looked. When the men came up, they asked,’ That mule for sale?'


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: