Monday, June 27, 2011

A Great Day!

Fishing With Zachary
On Saturday morning Kevin, Zachary and I went fishing. Zachary had been telling me he wanted to catch some big fish for a change. He was tired of catching those little blue gill. Well, it seems we did just that.

IMG_1001We had not been on the lake long when we got our first bites. Then we netted a 4 pound plus lake trout and Zachary was excited by how “big” it was. But a few minutes more Zachary was fighting a bigger fish. It was a struggle to get him to the boat, and I had a hard time getting it to the net. I knew it was big. It weighed 7 3/4 pounds. See picture at left.

We had 7 fish in the cooler when we left the lake: 6 Lake Trout (our limit) and 1 Rainbow Trout. We were home by about 2:00 PM, then they watched me clean the fish. They are now in the freezer waiting for a convenient time for us to have a fish supper. Here’s a few more pictures from our exciting day.

photo 5
photo 4 IMG_1003
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Granddaddy had a great time on the lake with Kevin and Zachary. I’m glad we caught some fish. It gets pretty boring to go fishing and not catch any. It made a good day for Zachary, and I hope he’ll want to go back and try his luck again.
Fishing is a great sport. It’s a good thing to get young boys and girls interested and excited about fishing.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Grandfathers are just antique little boys.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

Have you ever been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking surely I can't look that old. Well . . . You'll love this one.

My name is Alice, and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist.

I noticed his DDS diploma on the wall, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago.

Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then?

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

'Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a Mustang,' he gleamed with pride.

When did you graduate?' I asked.

He answered, ‘In 1975. Why do you ask?'

‘You were in my class!', I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely.

Then, that ugly, old, bald, wrinkled faced, gray-haired old goat, decrepit asked,

‘What did you teach???’



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Great joke! :)

And I love the pictures of you, Zachary and Uncle Kevin fishing! I've never cared too much for fishing, but it's probably a lot more fun when you're with someone who knows what they're doing and you catch something!

Love you!

John White said...

Pictures are great...looks like you all had a great time...I told your Dad the only time I went fishing in my life was with Uncle Earl & he wouldn't let me hold the pole...we just sat on the bank & watched...no fish....I never went again!