Monday, June 20, 2011

Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder

Yes, it Comes With Age
I have recently been diagnosed with Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder (AAADD). This is how it goes ...

I decide to wash the car, start toward the garage and notice the mail on the table.

OK, I'm going to wash the car...

BUT FIRST I'm going to go through the mail. Lay car keys down on desk. After discarding the junk mail, I notice the trash can is full. OK, I'll just put the bills on my desk....

BUT FIRST I'll take the trash out, but since I'm going to be near the mailbox, I'll address a few bills.... Yes, Now where is the checkbook? Oops... there's only one check left. Where did I put the extra checks? Oh, there's my empty plastic cup from last night on my desk. I'm going to look for those checks...

BUT FIRST I need to put the cup back in the kitchen. I head for the kitchen, look out the window, notice the flowers need a drink of water, I put the cup on the counter and there's my extra pair of glasses on the kitchen counter. What are they doing here? I'll just put them away...

BUT FIRST need to water those plants. I head for the door and... Aaaagh! Someone left the TV remote in the wrong spot. Okay, I'll put the remote away and water the plants...

BUT FIRST I need to find those checks.

END OF DAY: car not washed, bills still unpaid, cup still in the sink, checkbook still has only one check left, lost my car keys; and, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm baffled because... I KNOW I WAS BUSY ALL DAY! I realize this condition is serious...

I'd get help... BUT FIRST... I think I'll check my e-mail!

Now see it on YouTube:


~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Don’t forget how enjoyable it can be to read a good book, or play some games.

~~~
Quote of the Day
A habit is something you can do without thinking - which is why most of us have so many of them
~Frank A. Clark

~~~
Joke of the Day

A young son asked, "Is it true Dad, that in some parts of Africa a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her?"

Dad replied, "That happens in every country, son."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: