Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Little By Little

Each Day is Better
I continue to improve little by little. I have not had much pain to require many pain pills. I’ve only had 1 or 2 per day at most.

It’s been exactly 1 week since surgery. I’m getting around good, and I even went upstairs at our home today. I can now use the regular commodes without any height adjustments. I took a shower today and that really felt good. All of it has come little by little. I am continually surprised by the human body and its recuperative properties.

An Amazing Black Hole
I think you will enjoy this short video showing a man who discovers a “black hole”. It’s interesting in how he finds ways to use it.

If you had found this “black hole” how would you use it?

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Life is so precious.
Let us put the value on it that it deserves.
Let us protect it with the care it deserves.

~~~
Quote of the Day
I got the bill for my surgery.  Now I know what those doctors were wearing masks for. 
~James H. Boren
~~~
Joke of the Day

So one day, Gramma sent her grandson Johnny down to the water hole to get some water for cooking dinner. As he was dipping the bucket in, he saw two big eyes looking back at him. He dropped the bucket and hightailed it for Gramma's kitchen.

"Well now, where's my bucket and where's my water?" Gramma asked him.

"I can't get any water from that water hole, Gramma" exclaimed Johnny. "There's a BIG ol' alligator down there!"

"Now don't you mind that ol' alligator, Johnny. He's been there for a few years now, and he's never hurt no one. Why, he's probably as scared of you as you are of him!"

"Well, Gramma," replied Johnny, "if he's as scared of me as I am of him, then that water ain't fit to drink!"


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

Another great post, Jim. Love the video. Glad you are recovering so quickly.

John