Wednesday, October 27, 2010

USA Highways

Appreciate Our Roads!
We have the best highway system in the world, I do believe. But if not the best, we are at the top of the list. We have the freedom and means to travel anywhere in the USA on our fine highway and road system.

I remember the roads in Mexico (we lived there nearly 3 years). The potholes were terrible and they were everywhere. And there were the “topes” or speed bumps which Mexico was famous for. They were like mountains on the road. Someone told us that that was the only way they could slow down the Mexican driver.

A few years ago I received some photos from a friend of a Russian Federal highway. It did not have a paved surface even though it was a vital highway. Every time it rained the road paralyzed the vehicles. Drivers were often faced with hunger, lack of fuel, and lots of mud. Here’s a few pictures that should make you appreciate good highways.

russianRoad9 russianRoad11
russianRoad3 russianRoad18
 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Do you have any enemies? I think I do.
I see him every time I look in the mirror.

~~~
Quote of the Day
If it weren't for the last minute,
I wouldn't get anything done. 
~Author Unknown
~~~
Joke of the Day

A guest in a posh hotel comes down to breakfast and called over the head waiter and read from the menu “I’d like one under cooked egg so that it’s running, and one over cooked egg that it’s tough and hard to eat. I’d also like grilled bacon which is a bit on the cold side, burnt toast, butter straight from the freezer so that it’s impossible to spread, and a pot of very weak, lukewarm coffee.” that’s a complicated order sir, said the bewildered waiter. “It might be quite difficult.”

The guest replied sarcastically, “It can’t be that difficult because that’s exactly what you brought me yesterday!”


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Samantha Scott said...

Not sure if highways like these exist but loved the joke. Ah! people are smart.