Monday, October 18, 2010

Burgers and Fire

Family Fun
You just can’t beat family fun! We had a great time last Saturday evening. Kevin, Lesley, Kara and Zachary came over for supper. I grilled hamburgers, Beverly fixed hot brownies, and we had a fire on the patio.

IMG_20101016_184042 On our last wedding anniversary, Kevin and family gave Beverly and I one of these fire pits for the patio. We had so many flowers on the patio we had not used it… but Saturday night we used it for the first time. It was fun. We all sat around the fire and we roasted a few marsh mellows. This picture shows Kara and Zachary by the fire. I think the heat from the fire caused the picture to be a little blurry.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Money can be saved, but not time.
Time has to spent.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.
~George Iles
~~~
Joke of the Day

Girl Wisdom

  • One of the mysteries of life is that a two pound box of chocolates can make you gain five pounds.
  • Skinny people bug me. They say things like, "Sometimes I forget to eat." Now, I've forgotten my keys, my glasses, my address and my mother's maiden name. But I have never forgotten to eat! You have to be a special kind of stupid to forget to eat!
  • Why is it harder to lose weight as you get older? Because by that time your body and your fat have become really good friends.
  • My mind doesn't wander, it leaves completely.
  • What happens when you leave an outfit hanging in your closet for a while? I shrinks two sizes.
  • It's nice to live in a small town, because if you don't know what you are doing, someone else does.
  • I read some article which said that the symptoms of stress are impulse buying, eating too much and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That's what I call a perfect day.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: