Saturday, October 16, 2010

Time to Vote

Vote Early
I went to the polls yesterday to vote. I hope you plan to vote. It’s our civic duty.

Some countries actually require their citizens to vote. We were in Argentina one time during the elections. We learned that voting was mandatory for all citizens. I thought that was interesting. I read recently that as a rough estimate that only half of the people eligible to vote in the USA actually vote.

Important!!!
IMG_0226-1 If you live in Tennessee you will find a constitutional amendment on the ballot. This amendment is a Tennessee Right to Hunt and Fish Constitutional Amendment. Please vote YES to this amendment.

It’s very important that you vote YES. Why?

That’s because if you do not vote for this amendment it counts as a NO vote.

So please help make sure Tennessee Granddaddy and his fishing buddies maintain the right to fish in Tennessee; Vote YES.

This is pitiful: Our current governor, Phil Bredesen, will not take a stand on providing Tennessee residents with the right to hunt and fish.

Read more about this amendment:

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
You can’t climb a ladder with your hands in your pocket. We need to keep busy. We’ll never be bored if try to help others.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Wherever a man turns
he can find someone who needs him.
~Albert Schweitzer

~~~
Joke of the Day

Two elderly gentlemen  from a retirement center were sitting on a bench under a tree when one turns to the other and says: 'Slim, I'm 83 years old now and I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my age. How do you feel?' 

Slim says, 'I feel just like a newborn baby.' 

'Really!? Like a newborn baby!?'  

'Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think my pants are wet.'



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: