Friday, October 1, 2010

Afraid of Heights?

This is Amazing
Watch someone climb the tallest communication tower. This video shows exactly what is is like to climb a tower that is 1,768 feet high. I have to admit I got to feeling a little funny as I watched it to the very end. My friend, Mark, recommends watching it in full screen view. I don’t know what these jobs pay, but whatever it is, it is not enough!

Welcome to October!
It’s October 1st today. Hard to believe how the year is flying by. I look forward to all the fall colors and the beauty of fall. The leaves turn into flowers for us to enjoy. Remember, enjoy life. It is a gift of God.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
One thing you can do that won’t hurt you, is to be nicer to other people than they are to you.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Change is inevitable -
except from a vending machine.
~Robert C. Gallagher

~~~
Joke of the Day

A 4-year-old boy was asked to give the meal blessing before Christmas dinner. The family members bowed their heads in expectation.

He began his prayer, thanking God for all his friends, naming them one by one. Then he thanked God for Mommy, Daddy, brother, sister, Grandma, Grandpa, and all his aunts and uncles. Then he began to thank God for the food. He gave thanks for the turkey, the dressing, the fruit salad, the cranberry sauce, the pies, the cakes, even the Cool Whip.

Then he paused, and everyone waited-- and waited. After a long silence, the young fellow looked up at his mother and asked, "If I thank God for the broccoli, won't he know that I'm lying?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

2 comments:

Mandy said...

Great joke!

Adirondackcountrygal said...

A big NO to the tower climbing for me!