Saturday, March 6, 2010

Thinking of Yogi Berra

Good ol’ Yogi
Yogi is still kicking, and you probably remember him as a baseball player and manager. I like him because he a unique way of fracturing the English language. He is quote a lot, and a lot of quotes really make sense. Here’s some of my favorites of Yogi’s famous quotes:

  • " It ain't over 'til it's over "
  • "Never answer an anonymous letter"
  • " I usually take a two hour nap from one to four"
  • " It's deja vu all over again"
  • " When you come to a fork in the road....Take it "
  • " I didn't really say everything I said "
  • " I want to thank you for making this day necessary" ..... Yogi Berra day in St Louis 1947
  • On why NY lost the 1960 series to Pittsburgh " We made too many wrong mistakes"

Visit Yogi’s Web Page

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Our best gift to others is our love;
not advice and certainly not judgment!

~~~
Quote of the Day
Everybody needs a hug.  It changes your metabolism. 
~Leo Buscaglia

~~~
Joke of the Day

At the church's marriage marathon, the minister asked Ralph on his 50th wedding anniversary, to take a few minutes and share some insight into how he managed to stay married to the same woman all these years.

Ralph replied to the audience, "Well, I've treated her well, spent money on her, but mostly I took her traveling on special occasions."

The minister inquired "Trips to where?"

"For our 25th anniversary, I took her to Italy."

The minister then said, "Italy, how nice. Ralph, you are a terrific example to all husbands. Please tell the audience what you are planning for your wife on your 50th anniversary?"

Ralph said, "Well, I'm gonna go to Italy and bring her back."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: