Friday, March 26, 2010

The Marine Corps

TheBraveAll Gave Some, Some Gave All
This is an excellent presentation based on a dinner given  at the Marine Corps Museum Quantico, VA for some families who lost loved ones in combat.

Marine Corps Slide Show

Remember, freedom is never free. Thanks to all our armed forces for their sacrifices that we can be free.

Fishing Yesterday
Yes, we were on the lake yesterday. It rained off and on all day long, it was very cool, no sunshine all day, there was lots of floating debris (tree limbs, leaves, etc.) and we only caught 8 or so fish, with only one keeper! And we had a wonderful day.

We all agreed it was good to be out on the water. The boat and motor worked to perfection. That 115 HP Suzuki four-stroke engine is just amazing. I wouldn’t swap it for anything. I also got to catch a few fish on my new rods and reels. A good day, but I’m looking forward to even better days.

 
 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Some people have a hard shell around them. They are hard to talk to, and hard to get to know. Sometimes they are not kind. Don’t give up on these individuals. I think that under that hard shell is someone who want to be appreciated and loved.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Animals are such agreeable friends - they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
~George Eliot

~~~
Joke of the Day

An elderly woman died last month and having never married, she requested no male pallbearers.

In her handwritten instructions for her memorial service, she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, so I don't want them to take me out when I'm dead."



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: