Saturday, April 11, 2009

Wisdom

With Age Comes Wisdom
David G. is now back in Vietnam and teaching English. I recommend his blog named the
Hanoi Journal.

He sent me something the other day that illustrated that with age comes wisdom. I could relate to it because it involved an old fisherman. Read on…

017301c9b808$ece06d70$5C9D26DF A  guy is 80 years old and loves to fish. He was  sitting in his boat the other day when he heard  a voice say, 'Pick me  up.'  He  looked around and couldn't see any one. He  thought he was dreaming when he heard the voice  say a gain,  'Pick  me up..'

He  looked in the water and there, floating on the  top, was a frog.

The man said, 'Are you  talking to me?'

The frog said, 'Yes, I'm  talking to you. Pick me up then, kiss me and  I'll turn into the most beautiful woman you have  ever seen.

I'll  make sure that all your friends are envious and  jealous because I will be your  bride!'

The man looked at the frog for a  short time, reached over, picked it up  carefully, and placed it in his front breast  pocket.

Then the frog said, 'What, are  you nuts? Didn't you hear what I said? I said  kiss me and I will be your beautiful  bride.'

He opened his pocket, looked at  the frog and said,

'Nah,  at my age I'd rather have a talking  frog.'

With age comes wisdom.

My Stress Test Results
heart_beatingI got really good news from my doctor yesterday. He  said that the stress test results were excellent, and it showed blood getting to all major parts of the heart, indicating no blockages. I was pleased, and that means you all may have to put up with me a while longer, Lord willing.

The blood work was also pretty good. My total cholesterol was 124 and the LDL was 68. It’s the LDL that my doctor wants below 70, and it was!

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Go to a park today and enjoy the sounds,
sights, and smells of nature.
Feel the grass, pick a flower, rub the bark on a tree.
’Tis Spring!

~~~
Quote of the Day
Shun idleness.  It is a rust that attaches itself to
the most brilliant metals. 
~Voltaire

~~~
Joke of the Day

Did you hear about the old farmer in Nebraska who shot his wife dead? He had some lawyer. The lawyer got him off scot-free. “Have a heart, Judge, “ the lawyer pleaded. “After all, my client’s a widower!”

And…

A man went to his lawyer and said, “I would like to make a will but I don't know exactly how to go about it.”

The lawyer said, “No problem, leave it all to me.”

“Well I knew you were going to take the biggest slice, but I'd like to leave a little to my children too!”

And….

Lawyers get a lot of unjust criticism. I would remind you that it is not right to condemn a whole profession just because of 950,000 bad apples.


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: