Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Pictures

Around the Yard, and in the Rain
I took a few pictures yesterday. It was raining, but the azaleas were so pretty I had to get a few pictures. So today I will share some of these pictures…

Azaleas along the sidewalk
IMG_1203

A Closer ViewIMG_1201

An Even Closer ViewIMG_1202

The Lowly Dandelion
IMG_1216

Some Nandina Leaves
IMG_1223

Nandina & Holly Leaves
IMG_1235

Mr. Bear guards the Barn
IMG_1232

The Dinner Bell
IMG_1241

For Sale
I have a lawnmower for sale. It’s a Snapper Tractor with a 14.5 HP engine, 38 inch cut. It has the mulching kit installed, and it has a de-thatcher that can be easily attached. It’s a one-owner, in excellent condition, and it has a new maintenance free battery. I’m asking $900. Why am I selling? Well… I traded my old pickup truck for a new lawnmower.

No more raking grass or leaves with this mower. The mulching kit does a great job. P1050293
It’s in great condition. Look at that seat. P1050292
Here’s the de-thatching kit attached. P1050294

Kevin sent me a note the other day, it said “You might be a redneck if you ever traded your pickup truck for a lawnmower.” That’s me! 

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Happiness is something you decide on before
you ever show it to someone else.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Be careful of your thoughts, they may
become words at any moment.
~Iara Gassen

~~~
Joke of the Day

A doctor examining a woman who had been rushed to the Emergency Room, took the husband aside, and said, 'I don't like the looks of your wife at all.' 'Me neither doc,' said the husband. 'But she's a great cook and really good with the kids.'

And…

An old man goes to a Shaman to ask him if he can remove a curse he has been living with for the last 40 years. The Shaman says, 'Maybe, but you will have to tell me the exact words that were used to put the curse on you.' The old man says without hesitation, 'I now pronounce you man and wife.'



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Granddaddy, your Azaleas are so pretty! Alex and I sold our lawn mower yesterday. We bought a John Deere at the end of last season. We bought the Yard Man at the beginning of last summer for $200 and sold it yesterday for $200! So we mowed a whole season for free. We had more than 10 people e-mail about the mower, and Alex thinks we should have sold it for more! :)