Monday, April 13, 2009

A Record Swim

Under 3 feet of Ice
When I saw this video, I wondered how anyone could do this. It was a swim for a Guinness World Record by Dutchman Wim Hof who swam 188.6 feet under three feet of an ice. He used no special equipment, just swim shorts and goggles. It makes me cold to watch this…

Can you just imagine the danger involved in the above? And was it just me, or did that hole in the ice look like a grave opening?

I’m hardly never surprised anymore by people who do dangerous, silly or stupid things in order to get their name into a record book. An old Tennessee Granddaddy wonders why. My only answer is this human nature we were born with.
 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
People want the front of the bus, the back of the church, and the center of attention.
Be careful today, Friday the 13th
came on Monday this month.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The most important thing in communication
is to hear what isn't being said.
~Peter F. Drucker

~~~
Joke of the Day

A sweet grandmother telephoned St. Joseph's Hospital. She timidly asked, 'Is it possible to speak to someone who can tell me how a patient is doing?'

The operator said, 'I'll be glad to help, dear. What's the name and room number?'

The grandmother in her weak, tremulous voice said, 'Norma Findlay, Room 302.'

The operator replied, 'Let me place you on hold while I check with her nurse

After a few minutes, the operator returned to the phone and said, 'Oh, I have good news. Her nurse just told me that Norma is doing very well. Her blood pressure is fine; her blood work just came back as normal, and Her physician, Dr. Cohen, has scheduled her to be discharged on Tuesday.'

The grandmother said, 'Thank you.That's wonderful! I was so worried! God bless you for the good  news.'

The operator replied, 'You're more than welcome. Is Norma your daughter?' The grandmother said, 'No, I'm  Norma Findlay in 302. No one tells me anything.'


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: