Thursday, April 23, 2009

What’s Happening?

Root Cause Analysis
Yesterday, Beverly and I had lunch with two good friends, Duke and Nancy Okes. Duke had recently sent me an autographed copy of a book he had written, Root Cause Analysis. He had mentioned me in the preface to his book as one of his mentors. That was a pleasant surprise for me. You can read all about Duke and his consulting company at APLOMET.COM.

We enjoyed our lunch with them and getting up dated on happenings in each of our lives. It seems Duke is a regular reader to my blog. Thanks Duke!

Tomorrow is Tomato Planting Day
tomatoWe’re going to Knoxville tomorrow to help Dad plant his tomatoes. I think we are going to start mid morning. If you check Dad’s web cam, you just might catch us working.

Interesting Product
I found the following video interesting. It’s about a man and a product he invented which is called “Shelter in a Box”. Here’s a product that has real value when it’s needed.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Someone pointed this out to me:
When you put the 2 words "The" and "IRS" together
it spells "Theirs."

~~~
Quote of the Day
“Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder
will remain with me forever.”
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

A backwoods couple was delighted when finally their long wait to adopt a baby came to an end. The adoption center called and told them they had a wonderful Japanese boy, and the couple took him without hesitation.

On the way back home, they stopped by the local college to enroll in night courses. After they filled out the form, the registration clerk inquired, "May I ask you a question? What ever possessed you to study Japanese?"

The backwoodsman said proudly,---In a year or so, our adopted son will start to talk. We want to be able to understand him."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: