Friday, March 6, 2009

Thinking Fishing

Douglas Crappie
Warm weather is coming and I’m thinking about getting on the lake and doing a little fishing for some of those nice fat crappie.

crappie I worked on my fishing tackle yesterday. I put new fishing line on 16 reels, and got the reels rigged on each rod, and I have a jig-head attached to most of the rods and reels. I also went through my plastic baits and organized them.  I hope to clean the boat tomorrow. I’m getting ready to a fishing!


Just so you will know what it’s like, here’s a short video I put together last year, showing my two fishing buddies catching a crappie on Douglas Lake.
 

I hope we have some days like that in 2009!

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
What are the “drivers” in your life?
Could it be pleasure, popularity, occupation,
guilt, bitterness, money? 
…Or are you driven by God’s purpose for your life?

~~~
Quote of the Day
If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get. 
~Frank A. Clark

~~~
Joke of the Day

“If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale, and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?" I asked the children in my Sunday school class.

"NO!" the children all answered.

"If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything neat and tidy, would that get me into heaven?"

Once more they all answered, "NO!"

"Well, then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all the children and loved my wife, would that get me into heaven?" I asked them again.

Once more they all answered, "NO!"

"Well," I continued, thinking they were a good bit more theologically sophisticated than I had given them credit for, "Then how can I get into heaven?"

A five-year-old boy shouted out, "YOU GOTTA BE DEAD!"


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: