Monday, March 9, 2009

Extraordinary Life

How To
Here’s some great ideas on how to make your everyday life more joyous and EXTRAordinary. Sit back, watch the video and listen to the music…

If you follow the above advice 
then Monday’s won’t be so bad.

The Boat is Ready
P1050197 I worked on my pontoon boat on Saturday. I cleaned the inside and got the storage compartments packed with tackle for subsequent fishing trips. And the First Aid Kit is in there too, just in case.

I got the seats all cleaned, the carpet vacuumed, the batteries installed, and all the components tested. We’re ready to go at first opportunity. I checked my calendar for the past couple of years, and our first day of fishing was around March 21st… and we had good catches. We might get to go a week or so earlier this year if the weather cooperates.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Delight in the simple joys of life. Enjoy the wind in your face, the warm sunshine, the sounds of nature, and the colors of the season.

~~~
Quote of the Day
There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you
it's going to be a butterfly. 
~Richard Buckminster Fuller

~~~
Joke of the Day

On the outskirts of town, there was a huge nut tree by the cemetery fence. One day two boys filled up a bucket with nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts.

"One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said one boy. The bucket was so full, several rolled out toward the fence.

Cycling down the road by the cemetery was a third boy. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery. He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me."

He knew what it was. "Oh my," he shuddered. "It's Satan and St. Peter dividing the souls at the cemetery."

He cycled down the road as fast as he could and found an old man hobbling along with a cane. "Come here quick," said the boy. "You won't believe what I heard. Satan and St. Peter are down at the cemetery dividing the souls."

The man said, "Shoo, you brat, can't you see I'm finding it hard to walk as it is." But after several pleas, the man hobbled to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence, they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me."

The old man whispered, "Boy, you've been telling the truth. Let's find out if we can see the devil himself." Shivering with fear, they peered through the fence, but they were still unable to see anything. The old man and the boy gripped the wrought-iron bars of the fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of Satan.

At last they heard, "One for you, one for me. And one last one for you. That's all. Now let's go get those nuts by the fence, and we'll be done."

They say the old guy made it back to town five minutes before the boy.

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jim, another good post. Like the video.
The other day when I comment about three hit or something, I probably should have used "a hat trick". It occured to me last night as I was falling asleep that what I was trying to tell you was that I enjoyed the ABC and the joke and something else in that entry.
Didn't get to golf toady. Rain in the morning and too cool then the wind came about 20 MPH. I am sure there will be better days. Bill