Thursday, March 19, 2009

Fishing Catalogs

IMG_0978I’ve gotten a lot of fishing catalogs this spring. Some from Bass Pro Shops, Jann’s Netcraft, Mr. Twister, Cabela’s, etc. It was the last catalog from Cabela’s that got my attention… it’s the 2009 Master Fishing Catalog.

IMG_0977
I took my attention off the bass in that picture and I looked at the man holding the fish. And he looks like my cousin Don. Now many of you do not know Don Johnson, but if you do, I wonder if you agree with me and say that this fellow on the catalog reminds you of Don. Of course, in Don’s younger days.

It’s FUN
The Fishing Catalogs are fun to look at on those cold and rainy early spring days when the weather is too bad to get on the lake. I really enjoy ordering a few things from these catalogs.

Then I can’t wait for the delivery. I’m like a kid tearing open the box and looking at what I ordered. Then comes the anticipation of using that special lures, and you can’t wait to get on the lake and show it to your fishing buddies and some fish.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Read theP1030935

For Wisdom & Understanding


~~~
Quote of the Day
Truth only reveals itself when one
gives up all preconceived ideas. 
~Shoseki

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man was speeding down the highway, feeling secure in a group of cars all traveling at the same speed; however, as they passed a speed trap, he got nailed with an infrared speed detector and was pulled over.

The officer handed him the citation, received his signature and was about to walk away when the man asked, "Officer, I know I was speeding, but I don't think it's fair - there were plenty of other cars around me who were going just as fast, so why did I get the ticket?"

"Ever go fishing?" the policeman asked.

"Uhhh, yeah..." the startled man replied.

The officer grinned and added, "Ever catch ALL the fish?"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: