Friday, March 13, 2009

Inside the Space Station

Weightless
I always wondered what it would feel like to be in space. I’m sure it would be a strange sensation; and maybe it would be a little difficult to adapt.

Someone recently sent me this video clip showing the astronauts inside the space station. I thought it was awesome and I thought you might like to enjoy. I think you’ll like this 2.5 minutes preview of what it’s like inside the space station.

 

It’s Friday the 13th Again 
Be careful today, it’s Friday the 13th. We just had one of these in February and now here it is again. The next one will be in November.

My Guestbook
Thanks to all who have signed my guestbook. If you haven’t done so, I would appreciate you signing in.

My Guestbook

The Weather
I guess we should expect the abrupt weather changes this time of the year. It was so warm and beautiful on Tuesday when we went fishing, and now it’s cold again. It went down around 34 degrees last night, and the high today is only supposed to reach 44.

The change is the weather reminded me of the little weather poem:

Whether the weather be fine
Or whether the weather be not
Whether the weather be cold
Or whether the weather be hot
We'll weather the weather
Whatever the weather
Whether we like it or not.

I’m happy no matter what the weather does. There’s no need to worry about something we cannot change.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Good Advice:
Happy moments, PRAISE GOD.
Difficult moments, SEEK GOD.
Quiet moments, WORSHIP GOD.
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.

~~~
Quote of the Day
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. 
~Mark Twain

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man died and went to The Judgment. St. Peter met him at the Gates of Heaven and said, "Before you meet with God, I thought I should tell you -- we've looked at your life, and your really didn't do anything particularly good or bad. We're not at all sure what to do with you. Can you tell us anything you did that can help us make a decision?"

The newly arrived soul thought for a moment and replied, "Yeah, once I was driving along and came upon a woman who was being harassed by a group of bikers. So I pulled over, got out my tire iron, and went up to the leader of the bikers. He was a big, muscular, hairy guy with tattoos all over his body and a ring pierced through his nose. Well, I tore the nose ring out of his nose, and told him he and his gang had better stop bothering the woman or they would have to deal with me!"

"I'm impressed," St. Peter responded, "When did this happen?"

"About two minutes ago," came the reply.


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that poem!