In the back of my yard, there is an old wagon road bed. Some have told me that it used to be a main road in the old days, and it is likely that maybe even presidents have traveled over it in a stage coach. There could be a little truth in that.
There are several old, dead trees on each side of the road bed. My Dad encouraged me to leave them for the birds. I think it's those dead trees that draws the woodpecker back.
Support Our Troops
Yesterday I added a new page to my web site in support of our troops. You can check it out here: Support Our Troops
Quote of the Day
"You can observe a lot just by watching."
Joke of the Day
Joke of the Day
Things I Learned as a Child
- No matter how hard you try, you can't bathe cats.
- When your mom is mad at your dad, don't let her brush your hair.
- If your sister hits you, don't hit her back. They always catch the second person.
- You can't trust dogs to watch your food.
- Reading what people write on desks can teach you a lot.
- Don't sneeze when someone is cutting your hair.
- Puppies still have bad breath even after eating a tic-tac.
- Never hold a dust buster and a cat at the same time.
- School lunches stick to the wall.
- You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk.
- Don't wear polka-dot underwear under white shorts.
- The best place to be when you are sad is in Grandma's lap.
- It's hard to unlearn a bad word.
- It's easier to see the mistakes on someone else's paper.
- A pencil without an eraser may as well just be a pen.
- Sometimes the best one in the play has the fewest lines.
- Twelve is a lot older than eight.
- Sometimes your best move is blocked by your own checkers.
- Don't say that the "Last One is a Rotten Egg" unless you're absolutely sure there's a slow kid behind you.
- If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse.
- Your room gets smaller as you get bigger.
- You can't start over just because you're losing the game.
- A snow day is more fun than a vacation day.
- All libraries smell the same.
- If you want someone to listen to you, whisper it.
- Sometimes you have to take the test before you've finished studying.
- Silence can be an answer.
- If you throw a ball at someone, they'll probably throw it back.
- Don't nod on the phone.
Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below.