Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy Grandparents Day!

I usually don't post on Sunday, but the wireless server here at our motel was broke down yesterday. And I wanted to tell all the grandparents Happy Grandparents Day!

I don't remember this day from when I was a little boy. In fact it was originated during President Carter's term in office. You can read about the history of it here.

We had a pleasant phone call a few minutes ago. It was Jade! She was wishing us a happy Grandparents Day. I smiled! We're all happy that we will be back home tomorrow.

I plan to finish my "Gems" from our church convention soon. I still have 2 days of gems to post.

All for now.

~~~
Quote of the Day
What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance. They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life. And, most importantly, cookies.

~Rudolph Giuliani


~~~
Joke of the Day
Question: You don't spoil your grandchildren do you?
Answer: Not this morning, I haven't seen them yet.

~ Felix Sabates





No comments: