- We have to be willing to hear the voice of God.
- Correction from God is comforting... We know He is speaking to us.
- There is a great peace when we are willing to be guided by God.
- Walking with God is good for our spiritual health... He will show us things around the area of our life. Things that need work, things we have not seen before. Has dust settled on our kindness, patience, tolerance,...?
- Moldy bread is like the bread from Heaven that we got from God, but have not worked it into our life.
- Take from this convention not just the "pretty" things, but the things we need for spiritual life.
- We need to PRIZE that story that "Christ has Risen." It's Life to us! Tell it with love and cheer!
- When we hear things we have heard before, it comforts us. When we hear things we have never heard, it teaches us.
- Stand ready to be a help.
- We would miss opportunities if we are not willing to be searched by God at this convention.
- We need to see ourselves the way God sees us... in the light of Jesus.
- Anything we lose in this life to be close to God... well, we will lose it anyway some day.
- The words, "I have sinned" opens the door of forgiveness.
- Jesus is the visible image of an invisible God.
- If we love the Lord, nothing is too grievous for us.
You may be wondering about Jade. We left her in Kingsport with some neighbors so that she would not miss school. She'll be here at our convention tonight. Some of our friends are bringing her to be with us for the rest of the convention.
Quote of the Day
The other line moves faster.
This applies to all lines—bank, supermarket, tollbooth,
customs, and so on. And don't try to change lines.
The Other Line—the one you were in originally—
will then move faster.
Joke of the Day
Three men were about to be guillotined: A doctor, a lawyer, and an engineer.
The blade is falling on the doctor when it catches on a knot in the rope, and stops inches from his neck. The law states that if the execution fails, the prisoner is allowed to live, so the doctor is set free.
The same thing happens with the lawyer, and he is also freed.
As the engineer walks up to the guillotine, he looks up at the rope and says, "I think I see the problem."