Saturday, September 15, 2007

Fishing and Wishing

Here's a nice poem written by my Sister...

Fishin
' and A-Wishin'


Out on the lake in my little boat,
Hoping for a catfish to pull on the float,

A catch would help my present disposition,
Sittin' in my boat, fishin' and a-wishin'.

Baloney sandwich's tasting mighty, mighty good,

Everything's going just as well as things could,

My float goes underwater, and I know I have a bite,

"Bring on that fish, I'll give it a fight."


The rod goes in the water, My sandwich follows suit,

That old Grand Daddy catfish is really just a brute.

And so I say to all of you who never have gone fishin',

Don't miss the fun that you can have, By Fishin' and a-Wishin'.


~ Mary L. White


Mary talks about a catfish in her poem. Well, I don't often fish for them, but sometimes we catch them anyway. Here's a picture of a nice catfish I caught up on South Holston Lake last year. We were fishing for walleye. I cleaned it and it made some nice filets that were delicious.

I like fishing,
and I like catching,
and I also like eating the fish I catch.

Nothing beats good freshwater fish like crappie, fried golden brown, with hush puppies, and coleslaw. Yum! Yum!

~~~
Quote of the Day
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day

Give a man a fish and he has food for a day;
teach him how to fish and you can get rid of him
for the entire weekend.

~Zenna Schaffer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mary did good. I bet you do good on frying up those crappie also. I hope Ken and I will soon be able to go fishing again, maybe this fall. Thing is I can't eat fish anymore. We have given away lots of them though and cooked up a lot of them in the past. Have a good weekend. Helen

Anonymous said...

Mary is really talented. That's a great poem.