Friday, February 3, 2012

The Star Spangled Banner

Can It Be Sung Correctly
It seems like a lot of famous singers cannot sing our National Anthem without messing it up is some way. But this video is proof, I think, that it can be sung correctly. Just listen to this version by Robert Merrill. He sings it with the respect it deserves.


Jim & Mary01My sister’s Birthday
is this weekend on Sunday. That’s February 5. I want to wish her a very happy birthday.

This picture shows Mary and me as youngsters. We are standing beside one of Dad’s trucks that was used to deliver poultry and eggs. Our Dad was the owner of White Bros. Poultry & Egg Co. that served the Knoxville area.

Mary and I had lots of fun together when we were growing up. We have lots of fond memories of the good old days.

Mary, Happy Birthday! 

happybirthday_animated
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
The weekend it upon us again.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

~~~
Quote of the Day
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men.  No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.
~Elbert Hubbard

~~~
Joke of the Day

A man's wife was complaining to their friends about her husband who was spending all his free time in the bar.

So this one night he decided to invite her along to the bar with him. "What'll you have?" he asked. "Oh, I don't know. The same as you I suppose," she replied.

So the husband ordered a couple of Jack Daniel's and threw his down in one shot.

His wife watched in amazement, then took a sip from her glass. She immediately spat it out. "Yuck, that's TERRIBLE!" she spluttered. "How you can drink this stuff!"

"Well, there you go," said the husband. "And you think I'm out here enjoying myself every night!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: