Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thanksgiving is Around the Corner

Turkey Day in KingsportTurkeyCartoon
We’ve been looking forward to this day since last year. Last week I sent out the reminder email to all our family, and it’s looking like we’ll have 21 enjoying Thanksgiving dinner together this year. 

It’s so wonderful to have everyone together for a special time. Cousins are getting to know each other, and the family is being drawn closer together.

I’ll be telling you more about the big day as we closer to time.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Many years ago I asked Dr. W. Edwards Deming to sign his book, “Out of the Crisis” that I was giving to my son, Kevin. He wrote, “Learn to Love Learning” and his signature.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted. 
~Ralph Waldo Emerson

~~~
Joke of the Day

You know the honeymoon is over when the comedians start.

Q: If Nancy Pelosi and Obama were on a boat in the middle of the ocean and it started to sink, who would be saved?
A: America!
--Jimmy Fallon


Q: What's the difference between Obama and his dog, Bo?
A: Bo has papers.
--Jimmy Kimmel



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: