Friday, November 11, 2011

Home Again

Guess What?
It’s been almost 2 weeks since Beverly and I took a trip to Florida. I told my readers on Oct. 31 that I would be very busy for the next two weeks and would only have 3 posts per week for a time. Yes, I was busy, on vacation.

Second Honeymoon?
hearts-1482Something like a second honeymoon. We were married on June 8 in 1961, and we had a week in a motel in Crystal River, Florida. It was a gift from a family friend who owned Kings Bay Lodge in Crystal River.

Back earlier this year we came upon an 50 year old postcard from the Kings Bay Lodge. It got us to wondering… could that motel still be in business in 2011? No way, I said to myself. But I checked online and found it was going strong. It looked almost identical to the way I remembered it.

So when we were planning our Florida trip we made reservations to spend a couple of nights at the Kings Bay Lodge. It was like going back in time.

Here’s the picture on the double post card from 1961.

cardfrnt.jpg

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ll have some pictures from our Florida trip to show you next week. We had a great time. We visited some precious friends that had moved to Florida and had some time to run around and explore.

~~~
Quote of the Day
You learn something every day if you pay attention. 
~Ray LeBlond

~~~
Joke of the Day

You know the honeymoon is over when the comedians start.

Q: What was the most positive result of the "Cash for Clunkers" program?
A: It took 95% of the Obama bumper stickers off the road.
--David Letterman

Solution to the problem in Libya: They want a new Muslim leader, Give them ours.



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: