Friday, November 18, 2011

Florida Vacation Ends

With Visit to Daytona Beach
A highlight of our trip was going back to Daytona Beach. We enjoyed some time on the sand and driving on the beach. It’s unique.

I got some great seafood at Our Deck Down Under in Daytona Beach. I would recommend it highly. IMG_2001-2
At our hotel we had a beach view. We saw the moon reflecting off the Atlantic Ocean when we went to bed. IMG_2006
We awoke to a beautiful golden sunrise. IMG_2015
Beverly enjoys the Florida sunshine from our balcony. IMG_2033

Next Week is Thanksgiving!
Well folks, that’s all for this week. I’ll be back on Monday I hope. If you don’t have your turkey, you better get busy.


~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Life is Good.
Enjoy the Moments.

~~~
Quote of the Day
I am,
indeed,
a king,
because I know how
to rule myself.
~Pietro Aretino, 10 May 1537


~~~
Joke of the Day

A spouse is someone who'll stand by you through all the trouble you wouldn't have had if you'd stayed single.

…and…

A woman walked up to a little old man rocking in a chair on his porch. "I couldn't help noticing how happy you look," she said. "What's your secret for a long happy life?"

"I smoke three packs of cigarettes a day," he said. "I also drink a case of whiskey a week, eat fatty foods, never exercise and I don’t get much sleep."

"That's amazing," said the woman, "how old are you?"


"Twenty-six," he said.

 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

Hi Jim & Beverly, Love your Daytona pics...makes me want to go back...we always stayed in New Smyrna Beach....the Joke of the Day is wonderful. See you on Thursday.