Friday, November 25, 2011

Casey At The Bat

The Poem is Old
It goes back to 1888. Check the following links to familiarize yourself with the poem, “Casey At The Bat”:

If you’re a democrat then skip down to “Tennessee Granddaddy Says.” Otherwise, watch the following video called “Obama At Bat.”

Obama At The Bat
Then take a gander at this video called Obama at the Bat. It’s a funny video and done up pretty nice.

I hope you Obama supporters don’t get upset. I would had to lose the three of you as readers.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I hope you do take me too serious. I do like to kid around a lot, and sometimes get carried away.
I hope you can separate my foolishness from my seriousness.

~~~
Quote of the Day
We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.
~Thornton Wilder


~~~
Joke of the Day

The old Indian chief called for the two bravest warriors in the tribe.

"Running Buffalo, Falling Rocks, you go and seek buffalo skins. Whichever of you returns with the most skins will become my right hand man and will be the next chief."

A month later, Running Buffalo came back with nearly a hundred pelts.

Sadly, Falling Rocks never returned.

The tribe organized a search and looked everywhere, but they couldn't find the missing brave anywhere. Today, as you drive through the West, you can see the evidence of love and devotion the tribe had for this lost warrior. Throughout the highways, on interstates and side roads, you can still see their signs that say, 'Watch for Falling Rocks.'

(You learn something new every day.)


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: