Friday, August 19, 2011

Old Tomb Stones

Interesting Epitaph
A local newspaper columnist, Vince Staten, has been writing in the Kingsport Times News about an interesting tombstone in Rogersville, Tennessee.

You can find pictures at Vince’s website.  Here’s the writing on the 100 year old tombstone of W. A. Lee.

Remember me as you pass by
As you are now so once was I
As I am now you soon shall be
Prepare for death and follow me

And it was written that someone had added the following with maybe a pencil, but it was not engraved”

To follow you I’m not content
Until I know which way you went

Vince Staten recently visited the grave yard and found the tombstone, however, the addition was not visible. Maybe it was removed by someone or erased over the years by the elements. I wonder who made the addition to original epitaph?

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Some of the best advice ever give to man was also from Ben Franklin, “Eat to live, live not to eat.”

~~~
Quote of the Day
I believe that there is an explanation for everything,
so, yes, I believe in miracles.
~Robert Brault

~~~
Joke of the Day

When aliens or zombies take over the world, everyone should go to Sam’s Club or Costco. It has thick concrete walls, and years worth of supplies. And the aliens or zombies can't get in because they don’t have a membership​ card.

…And…

At a bar, one patron to another: “Excuse me but I think you owe me a drink.”

“Why?”, he asked.

“You’re so ugly that I dropped mine when I saw you”



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: