Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Be Kinder Than Necessary

A Final Act of Kindness
Watch the following video to learn about a police officer’s final act of kindness. Just minutes after he paid for a meal for a needy boy at McDonald’s he is gunned down and killed.

Thanks to Mark T. for sending the above to me.

Dad’s Health
Dad had angiogram procedure yesterday on his left leg to improve circulation. He is a strong man, and went through the procedure with ease, but unfortunately they could not insert any stents. He’ll be continuing to visit the Wound Center and seeing the Vascular surgeon routinely. He’ll be back on his golf cart in just a few days. Don’t forget, his 98th birthday is Friday.

Heart Report
I went to my heart doctor yesterday. They did an EKG and my Doc looked me over, and told me to keep doing what I was doing. The only thing that worries me about that is the last time he told me that (May 24, 2011), then I had a heart attack in two days. Hope not this time!

The bad news is that he recommends not doing the knee surgery until at least a year after my last heart attack. That means I would not get to have the surgery until about June, 2012. That being the case, I will probably plan on the other knee replacement in November or December, 2012. I don’t want to be laid up after surgery when the weather is good for fishing.

 

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Let’s all strive to be kind at all times, that our final act may be remembered as an act of kindness.

~~~
Quote of the Day
A single conversation with a wise man is better
than ten years of study. 
~Chinese Proverb

~~~
Joke of the Day

The reason Politicians try so hard to get re-elected is that they would 'hate' to have to make a living under the laws they've passed.

and….

"You know why a banana is like a politician?"
"He comes in and first he is green, then he turns yellow and then he's rotten."

 


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: