Friday, August 5, 2011

Fishing Again

Yesterday
We had a good day on the lake yesterday. I always enjoy the outing, whether we catch fish or not. I like being out of doors, in the wind and sunshine, on the water, feeling the waves and motion of the boat. I like the wildlife we see while we are on the water. I like the sport of trying to catch fish, trying different lures, etc. Everyday of life is a good day to enjoy. And like my buddy Ralph says, “A bad day of fishing is better than a day of weed eating.” So true.

IMG_1094Doug and Andrew went to the lake with me yesterday. We caught our limit of 6 lake trout, which weighed a total of a tad over 29 pounds. That’s almost and average of 5 pounds per fish. Yes, a good day! That’s Andrew holding the stringer--->

This was Andrew’s first time to go fishing with us. We were pleased to have a good day of fishing for him to enjoy. He said he lost one, that he was sure was half as long as the boat.

I hope you have a great weekend. I hope to see you here on this blog on Monday.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
You know what friends are don’t you?
Friends are people who know you well,
but like you anyway.

~~~
Quote of the Day
A bargain is something you can't use
at a price you can't resist.
~Franklin P. Jones
 

~~~
Joke of the Day

“I’ve never flown before, said the nervous old lady to the pilot. “You will bring me down safely, won’t you?

“All I can say ma’am,” said the pilot, “is that I’ve never left anyone up there yet!”

 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: