Friday, August 12, 2011

Acts of Kindness

Be Kind
Kindness is a wonderful think. We all appreciate it when we see kindness in action. It knocks the chips off of a shoulder, and melts the heart of many.

Some years ago I remember hearing about RAKs… that’s Random Acts of Kindness. Just recently I learned there is a Random Acts of Kindness Foundation.

I think kind acts are a good idea. They just need to be part of our life. Every day doing something that someone does not expect to help another person. I fail in this, but I’m going to do better.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It’s Friday. Everyone is worn out from a hard week. I have an idea. Why don’t we all perform a random act of kindness today. We might cheer up someone.

~~~
Quote of the Day
When government accepts responsibility for people, then people no longer take responsibility for themselves.
~George Pataki


~~~
Joke of the Day

A man called his doctor and said, “Doctor, I think that my wife has come down with a case of laryngitis.”

“Bring her into the office, then” the doctor said, “and I’ll see what I can do to treat the condition.”

“Actually, I was hoping you could tell me how to prolong it.”

(Now that wasn’t kind, was it?)

 




Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

John White said...

Hi Jim: I agree with you on the "Random Acts of Kindness". Now don't forget that late one Friday afternoon in December when a blinding snowstorm hit upper East Tennessee & your dear cousin & his wife were "stuck" on I-81 & couldn't get to their motel, you & Beverly took us in, fed us, put us up for the night & made it possible for us to enjoy our daughter's college graduation the next day. I don't know of any "RAK" that I have ever appreciated more. I just hope one day that we can return the favor. John