Thursday, February 3, 2011

IBM

Big Blue
IBM has been around a long time. If you have time you might enjoy this 13 minute video showing the history of the company which is 100 years old.

It will bring lots of things back to your memory. Things like key punch cards, key punch machines, Selectric Typewriters, etc.

I’ve got one of those IBM Selectric Typewriters upstairs in my home. I wonder why? We never use it anymore. I wonder why?

My Dad and Mom bought me my first typewriter when I was in high school. It was a portable Royal in a bright fire engine red! How I loved that little typewriter. It got me through high school and college. I do believe that in those days a good typed report was worth a good letter grade. It made C work into Bs, and Bs into As.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It pays to be happy and smile. We make this world a better place when we have a nice disposition.


~~~
Quote of the Day
God made the country, and man made the town.  ~William Cowper


~~~
Joke of the Day

Christopher Columbus was the first ever-successful politician of the world because he didn’t know where he was going, he didn’t know where he was when he got there, and he did all of it only on borrowed money!



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: