Dumb Or Smart
I’ve had some very good coaches in my life time. You know what a coach is don’t you? To me a coach is a helper, a teacher who helps an individual achieve to their full potential while being a team player and striving to meet the team’s goals.
Funny Quotes from the Sport’s World
I thought you might enjoy these funny quotes by coaches and players in the sports world.
- New Orleans Saint RB George Rogers when asked about the upcoming season: "I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first."
- Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."
- Football commentator and former player Joe Theismann: "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
- Senior basketball player at the University of Pittsburgh : "I'm going to graduate on time, no matter how long it takes." (Now that is beautiful)
- Bill Peterson, a Florida State football coach: "You guys line up alphabetically by height..” And, "You guys pair up in groups of three, and then line up in a circle."
- Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my clothes."
- Lou Duva, veteran boxing trainer, on the Spartan training regimen of heavyweight Andrew Golota: "He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning, regardless of what time it is."
- Chuck Nevitt , North Carolina State basketball player, explaining to Coach Jim Valvano why he appeared nervous at practice: "My sister's expecting a baby, and I don't know if I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."
- Frank Layden , Utah Jazz president, on a former player: "I asked him, 'Son, what is it with you? Is it ignorance or apathy?' He said, 'Coach, I don't know and I don't care.'"
- Shelby Metcalf, basketball coach at Texas A&M, recounting what he told a player who received four F's and one D: "Son, looks to me like you're spending too much time on one subject."
It means so much to heard those words from your loved ones. May we always be ready with words and actions of love for those who mean so much to us.
If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
Joke of the Day
Six packets of mothballs, please,” said an old lady to the pharmacist.
“But I sold you six packets yesterday.”
“I know, but my aim’s not very good and I keep missing them.”
There is one Very Serious Law Firm. All staff comes to work at 6am and leaves around 11pm. Suddenly, one guy started his day at 9am.
All the guys exchanged “looks”. And he left at 6pm. All the guys exchanged “looks”.
Next day is the same story.
And the day after is the same story.
Finally, they come to this rebel to explain the rules.
He listened, kept quiet for a while and said: ”Excuse me guys, I am on vacation.”