Friday, September 24, 2010

My Own Knee Action

On Jim,  Not the Schwinn
Yesterday I reflected and reminisced about my Schwinn Bicycle with Knee-Action that I owned when I was in my youth.

Today I want to mention another type of knee action. In this case about these old joints of mine that they say are worn out. X-rays show bone on bone in both of my knees, and it is getting more difficult for me to navigate these days. As a result I have made the decision to have knee replacement surgery.

The first operation is schedule for the week after Thanksgiving this year. It will be on my left knee. The second knee will be scheduled after full recover from the first surgery.

As an added precaution for my situation, they plan to insert a blood clot filter in my body a week or so before the knee surgery.

If you are interested in learning about what happens in a total knee replacement, you can watch the following video.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
A Good question to ask ourselves:
Are your habits, your friends or your enemies?

~~~
Quote of the Day
All man's troubles come from not knowing
how to sit still in one room. 
~Blaise Pascal

~~~
Joke of the Day

A kind-hearted fellow was walking through Central Park in New York and was astonished to see an old man, fishing rod in hand, fishing over a beautiful bed of red roses.

"Tsk Tsk!" said the passerby to himself. "What a sad sight. That poor old man is fishing over a bed of flowers. I'll see if I can help." So the kind fellow walked up to the old man and asked, "What are you doing, my friend?"

"Fishin', sir."

"Fishin', eh. Well how would you like to come have a drink with me?"

The old man stood put his rod away and followed the kind stranger to the corner bar. He ordered a large glass of vodka and a fine cigar.

His host, the kind fellow, felt good about helping the old man, and he asked, "Tell me, old friend, how many did you catch today?"

The old fellow took a long drag on the cigar, blew a careful smoke ring and replied, "You are the sixth today, sir!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: