Friday, September 3, 2010

Good We Don’t Get What We Ask For

Getting The Right Idea
I recently rand across the following. It reminded me of current liberal thinking. It seems many liberal minded people want to give things to people. You know, give them a home, a car, money, and the list goes on. While the country we live in was established to give people the opportunity have these things. These things are should not just be given to people, but earned.

Here’s a story that will help us to not ask amiss when we pray.

I asked God to grant me patience.
God said, No.
Patience is a by-product of tribulations;
it isn’t Granted, it is earned.

I asked God to give me happiness.
God said, No.
I give you blessings, Happiness is up to you.

I asked God to spare me pain.
God said, No.
Suffering draws you apart from worldly cares and
Brings you closer to me.

I asked God to make my spirit grow.
God said, No.
You must grow on your own, but I will prune you to
Make you fruitful.

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.
God said, No.
I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.

I asked God to help me LOVE others,
as much as He loves me.
God said, … Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
Ever argue? It’s better to think about what’s right, rather than who’s right.

~~~
Quote of the Day
I don't know the key to success,
but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. 
~Bill Cosby

~~~
Joke of the Day

There were three construction workers and each of them always ate the same thing for lunch.

1st worker : "I'm tired of sandwiches it's always sandwich, sandwich, sandwich!"

2nd worker : "I'm sick of tacos! urgh..."

3rd worker : "Ahh how i hate beans! I eat them everyday!"

The second day it was the same thing for lunch.

1st worker : "If tomorrow I get sandwiches for lunch I'm going to jump from that bridge and kill myself!"

2nd worker : "One more taco and I'm jumping off that bridge and killing myself!"

3rd worker : "Beans again? If there's beans for lunch tomorrow I'm gonna jump from that bridge and kill myself!"

And yes, as always, the next day they had the same thing for lunch. So all of the three men jumped from the bridge and killed themselves.

The wives of the men were really sad and were crying for their husbands.

1st wife : "I would've never packed him sandwiches for lunch if I knew he would do that!"

2nd wife : "I would never had packed him tacos if I knew that would happen!"

3rd wife : "I don't get why he did that since he packed his own lunch!"



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: