Saturday, September 4, 2010

How We Are Recognized

People Watch Our Walk
walkWhen I read the story I have provided below, it reminded me of the time one of my older friends at work was waiting to ride home with me. He was nearly blind, but he told me I saw you coming down the way. I asked him how he saw me since he couldn’t see very good. He replied, “I recognized your walk.” Read on..,

"It's amazing to me," one woman said, "how so many people all around the world have the same problems, no matter where they are from. It's like we're one big family!" I wonder, if we are family, is there a family resemblance? Is it simply that we are human, or are there some identifying characteristics that mark us as belonging to each other?

An unusual thing happened to me a few years ago. I spoke casually with a woman who served tables at a restaurant I frequented. We knew each other by first name only, but usually spoke to for a few minutes each time I dined there. One day she asked me, "Do you have  a son about eight years old?" "What has he done?" I thought. I nodded. She pressed on, "Does he play soccer?" When I said that he did, she asked if he played in a game the previous week at a particular field. Again, I answered, "Yes." "I thought so," she smiled. "I saw him and thought he must be your son."

Since there were tens of thousands of young boys in the city, I was amazed! "I didn't know he looked that much like me!" I exclaimed. "Oh, I didn't see his face," she said smiling as if she were keeping a secret. "Then how did you know he was my son?" Now I was puzzled. "I was just sitting in the car," she continued, "and I saw a little boy in a baseball cap walking across the field. He WALKS like you!" When I told my son what she said he spent the next three weeks practicing a different walk! But it didn't work. It must be something that runs in the family.

In a greater sense, maybe the way we walk in this life is the identifying mark of the family. Some people walk in gentleness. Others walk in anger. Some walk in love, others in fear. Some walk in joy and some in peace, some in kindness and some in tolerance. Many walk in hope and in faith. If we are family, then we are connected by common needs and hopes. These cannot be seen. But we will always be recognized by the way we walk!

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I have seen people in my day that stopped looking for work as soon as they found a job.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Middle age is when you're sitting at home on a
Saturday night and the telephone rings and
you hope it isn't for you.
~Ogden Nash

~~~
Joke of the Day

By following the simple advice I heard on a Dr. Phil Show, I have finally found inner peace.

Dr. Phil proclaimed the way to achieve inner peace is to finish all the things you have started.

So I looked around my house to see things I started and hadn't finished; and, before leaving the house this morning I finished off a bottle of wine, a package of Oreo's, a pot of coffee, the rest of the Cheesecake, some Saltines and a box of Godiva Chocolates.

Dr. Phil was right...you have no idea how I feel right now!



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: