Monday, May 17, 2010

Keep On, Keeping On

Keep Swimming Ribit1

Here’s a cute tale I received from Faye in Kentucky a few days ago. The swimming bit struck a cord because we’re taking Zachary to Swimming lessons this week (last week too.).

Also, I was thinking about a friend I had during my work days. Some days you would ask him how he was doing, and he would reply, “Kicking faintly.” Well, I hope you are doing better that kicking faintly. We need to keep kicking and keep swimming. Read on…

Two frogs fell into a deep cream bowl.
One was an optimistic soul.
But the other took the gloomy view.
"We'll drown," he lamented without much ado.
And with a last despairing cry,
He flung up his legs and said "Goodbye."

Quote the other frog with a steadfast grin,
"I can't get out but I won't give in,
I'll just swim around till my strength is spent,
Then I'll die the more content."

Bravely he swam to work his scheme,
And his struggles began to churn the cream.
The more he swam, his legs a flutter,
The more the cream turned into butter.

On top of the butter at last he stopped,
And out of the bowl he gaily hopped.
What is the moral? It's easily found...
If you can't hop out, keep swimming around!


Frogks3

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
I’ve heard that the best way to get rid of a bad habit is to replace it with a good habit. Even so we need to be careful even with good habits… because good religious acts should not be done out of habit. We should be moved to do good things because of pure motives in our heart.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The chains of habit are generally too small to be felt until they are too strong to be broken.
~Samuel Johnson

~~~
Joke of the Day

memo

 



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: