Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Fishing

Last Friday
P1060588 Doug, Ralph and I had another adventurous day of fishing on Douglas Lake. While we only kept 6 crappie, two of them were monsters. We ran the tape to show 15 inches on the largest, and the second largest was almost a twin at 14.5 inches. Good fish in anybody’s book. That’s me holding those two fish. I’m grinning.

Today
Mt daughter, Bethany, is with us this week. I’ve been promising to take her fishing. So far it has never worked out for her to be here visiting at a time when we could plan a fishing trip. Weather permitting we were going to do that today… but the prediction is for showers, thunderstorms, and winds. So our fishing trip has been cancelled. Maybe another time.

Yesterday I received my last shipment of fishing equipment that I had ordered earlier this year. There were some Deeper Divers that were on back order at Cabela’s. Now I am ready for the trout, and hopefully I can get to South Holston Lake soon to test the waters.

 
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
If you were in court of law,
and accused of being a Christian,
would there be enough evident to convict you?

~~~
Quote of the Day
Give thanks for what you are now,
and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow. 
~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros

~~~
Joke of the Day

dpill



Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: