Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Wise Man or a Wise Guy?

I don't know the source, but this is interesting and amusing...

"How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which, an alarm goes off by going on."


Sonar & GPS
Back a few weeks ago I was on Watauga Lake doing a little fishing. We were trolling for trout and using the Lowrance unit I bought last year. I took a picture of the screen while we were fishing so you could see how it works.

On the left side of the screen is the GPS map. The red line shows our current position and the arrow indicates the current location. The 1.76 at the top is our speed in MPH.

On the right side of the screen is the sonar chart. The 233 at the top is the water depth. The 77.3 under the depth is the water temperature in degrees F. You also see indications of fish: One at 130 feet, and several smaller ones around 200 feet deep.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
It is good to set a goal to accomplish something every day. If so, you would have lots of accomplishments at the end of a year.

~~~
Quote of the Day
Nobody really cares if you're miserable,
so you might as well be happy.
~Cynthia Nelms

~~~
Joke of the Day
An older lady was writing her friend:
I have become a little older since I saw you last, and a few changes have come into my life.

Frankly, I have become a frivolous old gal. I am seeing five gentlemen every day. As soon as I wake up, Will Power helps get me out of bed. Then I go to see John. Next, Charlie Horse comes along, and when he is here, he takes a lot of my time and attention. When he leaves, Arthur Ritis shows up and stays the rest of the day. He doesn't like to stay in one place very long, so he takes me from joint to joint. After such a busy day, I'm really tired and glad to go to bed with Ben Gay. (What about Jack Daniel? Maybe she quit seeing him. -TG)

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Doc Curtis said...

nice fish, I haven't learned to catch anything in Watauga Lake yet, just the creeks and rivers that feed it.