Monday, October 13, 2008

Columbus Day

Home Again!
Dad and got back to East Tennessee last evening. I drove just about 400 miles yesterday, but it wasn't bad at all. The worst part was the last 90 when I was alone. It was nice being with Dad the past few days, We had a real good time together... AND we enjoyed a wonderful convention.

Columbus Day
I believe today is the day we celebrate Columbus Day.
I think the actual date is October 12, but it is celebrated today. If I remember correctly someone said something like this about Columbus: "He departed not knowing where he was going and when he got there he didn't know where he was and he did it all on borrowed money". He sounds like a politician.

Read more about the real Christopher Columbus at Wikipedia.


~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
You can make a small fortune in the stock market,
if you start with a large fortune.

~~~
Quote of the Day
A ship in harbor is safe - but that is not what ships are for.
~John A. Shedd

~~~
Joke of the Day
There was an OLD comic strip, called "Mutt and Jeff," and they are seen riding in an open box car on the old railroads.

Mutt says, "You know Jeff, I was just thinking. I wish I knew the exact spot where I would die."

Jeff asks, "Why in the world would you want to know that?"

Mutt answers, "Cause, I'd never go near the place."


Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: