Saturday, October 18, 2008

Dad and I

Last week while Dad and I were at our Paris, Tennessee, church convention, Jean Owens came by to visit with us between meeting and took this picture. Thanks Jean! I am glad to have a good picture of the two of us together. We'll both have many fond memories of the days we spent together at Paris.

On our first day we both discovered we had forgotten to bring a comb. There we were in the motel room combing our hair with a plastic shampoo brush before we went to breakfast. Later we went to Wal-Mart and bought some new combs.

One night I slipped out of the motel room to get something I left in the car after Dad had gone to sleep. The door closed behind me and I was locked outside. I knocked but was sure I would not awaken him. So, barefooted and in my jeans and T-shirt, I walked to the office and pleaded for a key to get in our room. When I returned Dad was at the window looking out, a little confused about what had happened to me.

We enjoyed being together and had fun. And we both enjoyed the convention meetings and all the spiritual help we received.

~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
A new born baby is truly a miracle.
Really, life is a miracle.

~~~
Quote of the Day
He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not,
but rejoices for those which he has.
~Epictetus

~~~
Joke of the Day
Two older couples were riding in a car. One of the men asked the other, "Been to any good restaurants lately?"

The man said, "I'll tell you but first, what's the name of that sweet smelling flower with the thorns that you give on special occasions?"

"You mean a rose," he replied. The man turned to his wife and said, "Rose, what was the great restaurant we went to the other day?"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Boy y'all just couldnt catch a break could you? LOL no comb, then locking yourself out of the room. Sounds like something I would do though. So I better not laugh too hard. ;) Glad y'all had a nice time and that is a wonderful picture of you and your Dad. :) Love, Kelly