Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dive into shallow water

People used to say I was "good looking"... now they say I'm "looking good". There a big difference in those two statements. I thing the difference is 20-30 years!

Make a Splash
this guy has the world record for diving into shallow water. He dives from 35 feet into only 12 inches of water.

Comment: I'll bet he would not do that if that wadding pool was on concrete, and it did not have those thick pads underneath it.
~~~
Tennessee Granddaddy Says:
A smile is an inexpensive way to improve our looks.

~~~
Quote of the Day
The best way to succeed in life is to act on the advice we give to others.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day
My first job was working in an orange juice factory, but I got canned...couldn't concentrate.

After that I tried to be a tailor, but I just wasn't suited for it...mainly because it was a so-so job.

Then I tried to be a chef -- figured it would add a little spice to my life, but I just didn't have the thyme.

Next I tried working in a muffler factory but that was too exhausting.

I managed to get a good job working for a pool maintenance company, but the work was just too draining.

I attempted to be a deli worker, but any way I sliced it, I couldn't cut the mustard.

Then I worked in the woods as a lumberjack, but I just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the ax.

Next was a job in a shoe factory; I tried but I just didn't fit in.

So then I got a job in a workout center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job.

After many years of trying to find steady work I finally got a job as a historian until I realized there was no future in it.

I studied a long time to become a doctor, but I didn't have any patience.

My best job was being a musician, but eventually I found I wasn't noteworthy.

I became a professional fisherman, but discovered that I couldn't live on my net income.

My last job was working at Starbucks, but I had to quit because it was always the same old grind.

SO I RETIRED AND FOUND I'M PERFECT FOR THE JOB!

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: