Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another Saturday



Another week has passed us by.
Time is precious

Every person has the same amount of time.
No matter how much money you have you can't buy any more.
You can use it, in one of two ways; wisely or foolishly

If you've been reading my blog, you will know that we went to Knoxville on Thursday. We had a late celebration of my birthday with Dad and Mary. I got some lovely cards from Dad and Mary with some very lovely verses.

But my Dad gave me 2 cards, and I want to show you the second card he game me.
--->


The card read:
Happy Birthday from the most powerful woman in the free world!






Then I opened the card to find this.
--->

It read:
If this doesn't scare you, another birthday shouldn't bother you at all! Happy Birthday

Signed, Dad

That was funny! I really enjoyed that card. My Dad has a good sense of humor. Check on him at Dad's Tomato Garden Journal


Studying Birds
You know that it is very difficult to determine the sex of birds. I have trouble determining which is the male and which is the female. Maybe you do too. If so, I have good news for you! Someone recently shared with me the secret of how to easily determine the male and the female. Now just look at the following picture. It is so easy to see the female.
v
v
v
v
v
v
v
v


~~~
Quote of the Day
Retirement is wonderful. It's doing nothing
without worrying about getting caught at it.
~Gene Perret

~~~
Joke of the Day
Three retirees, each with a hearing loss, were taking a walk one fine March day.

One remarked to the other, "Windy, ain't it?"

"No," the second man replied, "It's Thursday."

And the third man chimed in, "So am I. Let's have a coke."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Thanks for sharing your Dad's card, I haven't laughed this hard in a long time!

Anonymous said...

Hi jim, loved the clip of you and your Dad in his journal today. If I didn't know better I would think you guy thought a lot of each other. LOL You two are great fellows and I sure am thankful for your sharing with us every day. I just hope the humor about the birds don't get you in trouble with the Misses, that looks like something I might do and Gail would give me a hard time.
Your SC Friend,
Boyd