Monday, December 17, 2007

My Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday! It started on Friday night with a delicious meal at the Caldwell's. And Jackie brought me a birthday cake. We ate and ate, and then played some games.

Then on Saturday I woke up to Beverly saying "Happy Birthday!' Jade gave me a beautiful tie, and, no kidding, it was exactly what I
needed. Beverly also gave me gifts and a beautiful card.

Then on Saturday night Kevin and his family came over and gave me gifts. We shared a big cookie that said Happy Birthday Jim. I enjoyed Kara and Zachary being here. Zachary had a special birthday song for me. It went like this, "Happy Birthday to You, You're one hundred and two, You smell like a monkey and you act like one too." A wonderful day...

Where's Jade? She's not in the last picture. Jade went to a Christmas event on Saturday night and was not home when Kevin and his gang came over. Here's picture of Jade and her friend, Lien (pronounced like Lynn) just before they left our house. Two very pretty girls...

~~~

My Knoxville friends, Jerry and Nancy, sent me a funny story. Read on...

My name is Alice Smith, and I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on away back then? Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was away too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Morgan Park High School.

"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a Mustang," he gleamed with pride.

"When did you graduate?" I asked.

He answered, "In 1959. Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old, bald wrinkled, fat, gray, decrepit freak asked, "What did you teach?"
~~~

On Saturday morning I had surprise visit from our dear friend Celia. She brought me some apple pie and Chex Mix... and this funny thing that sang Happy Birthday. Watch and listen to this video clip here by clicking the arrow.



Also, don't forget to check out my Jokes on Getting Older.

~~~
Quotes of the Day
I still have a full deck; I just shuffle slower now.
~Author Unknown

They say that age is all in your mind.
The trick is keeping it from creeping down into your body.
~Author Unknown

~~~
Joke of the Day
Bob, a 70-year-old, extremely wealthy widower, shows up at the Country Club with a breathtakingly beautiful and very sexy 25 year- old blonde who knocks everyone's socks off with her youthful sex appeal and charm. She hangs onto Bob's arm and listens intently to his every word. His buddies at the club are all aghast.

At the very first chance, they corner him and ask, "Bob, how did you get the trophy girlfriend?" Bob replies, "Girlfriend? She's my wife!"

They're amazed, but continue to ask. "So, how did you persuade her to marry you?"

"I lied about my age," Bob replies.

"What, did you tell her you were only 50?"

Bob smiles and says, "No, I told her I was 90."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: