Wednesday, December 19, 2007

More About Our Flag

Dad said yesterday, that "it's hard to make a comeback when you've never been anywhere." It reminded me of what a good friend told me one time. I had told him that I was a has-been. He said,"That's better than me, I'm a never-was."

~~~

Last week I mentioned that I added an audio file to my Support Our Troops web page (Look for it in the left column). Click on the ssb.wma file to play or download. This audio lasts around 11 minutes. This is definitely worth your time to listen to this audio.

Since then I have learned more about the Star Spangled Banner. Did you know that there are four verses to the song? We only sing the first verse.
To learn more about the history of the Star Spangled Banner, and to see all four verses, go to Wikipedia. (This picture of the Flag was taken in Dad's backyard.)

~~~
Quote of the Day
The red and white and starry blue
Is freedom's shield and hope.
~John Philip Sousa

~~~
Joke of the Day
There was once a man from the city who was visiting a small farm, and during this visit he saw a farmer feeding pigs in a most extraordinary manner. The farmer would lift a pig up to a nearby apple tree, and the pig would eat the apples off the tree directly. The farmer would move the pig from one apple to another until the pig was satisfied, then he would start again with another pig.

The city man watched this activity for some time with great astonishment. Finally he could not resist saying to the farmer, "This is the most inefficient method of feeding pigs that I can imagine. Just think of the time that would be saved if you simply shook the apples off the tree and let the pigs eat them from the ground!"

The farmer looked puzzled and replied, "What's time to a pig?"

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: