Thursday, November 1, 2007

Up the Creek or Down the Creek?

Up the Creek?
You have heard people talk about being "up the creek without a paddle." I was thinking that if you were "up" the creek without a paddle that you could float down the creek. And that would not be so bad. It seems to me it would be worse to be "down the creek without a paddle." What do you think?

Down on the Lake
I'm not going to be up the creek or down the creek, but I'm going to be down on the lake Friday and Saturday. Read on...

Back in 1961-3, Beverly and I lived in North Carolina. I was in graduate school at NC State University. We lived in the Married Student Housing Apartments (E-22 was the apartment number). Directly below us was the apartment for Allen and Claudia Munroe (1st Picture). And across the breeze way lived Monk and Lucy Wilson (2nd Picture). The Munroe's now live in Florida, and the Wilson's in North Carolina.

For the last 44 years we have remained in limited contact, but just a couple of years ago we decided to start getting together on a regular basis. In 2005 we met on Lake Wateree in South Carolina at the Wilson's home. Last year we met at the Munroe's cabin on Douglas Lake in Tennessee. And this year we are meeting again at the cabin on Douglas Lake, and that will be this weekend!

Us guys always try to do a little fishing, and the girls always do a lot of talking and a little shopping. I'll be taking my boat since we live so close. Monk's going to bring the lures, and Allen is furnishing the cabin. We hope to fish Friday and Saturday. Monk is a PRO at crappie fishing, and I think we will do a lot better than I have done in my last few trips down to Douglas.

I always learn something from Monk about fishing. He's the best fisherman I have ever known. The credit for the fishing method I use now all goes to Monk who advised me on the rods, reels and rod holders for my boat. I bought most of my gear from him at MonksCrappie.com.

Allen and Claudia started renting their cabin this past year. It's called the Tennessee Homecoming Cabin and it is rented through Smoky Mountain Lake Rentals. Details on the cabin are listed here: Tennessee Homecoming Cabin. Look around and you can see where we will be staying the next few days.

Since I'll be gone, I will not have a blog post on Friday and Saturday. But I hope to be "up and at it" by Monday morning. I hope I have some fish pictures to show you. You all take care! See you Monday!

~~~
Quote of the Day
"You should always go to other people's funerals;
otherwise, they won't come to yours."
~ Yogi Berra


~~~
Joke of the Day
Back when Bill Clinton was President, he, Hillary and Al Gore were talking. Chelsa was listening.

Bill looks at Al, chuckles and says, "You know, I could throw a $10,000 bill out the window right now and make one person very happy."

Al shrugs his stiff shoulders and says, "Well, I could throw ten $1,000 bills out the window and make 10 people very happy".

Hillary tosses her perfectly sprayed hair and says, "Of course, then, I could throw one-hundred $100 bills out the window and make a hundred people very happy."

Chelsea rolls her eyes, looks at all of them and says, "I could throw all of you out the window and make the whole country happy."

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: