Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Birthday, Sylvia!

Happy Birthday Sylvia! This picture shows Sylvia who is on the right. She is next to Mandy, her daughter and our grand- daughter. On Mandy's right is Alex, her husband. This picture was made last year at Thanksgiving.

Some years ago I had card like this picture showing my pride and joy. Some guys will be showing pictures of their children, and I would say, "Hey, you want to see my pride and joy?" Then I would show this picture. Corny, for sure!Then I would show my real pride and joys, pictures of Greg, Kevin and Bethany. Now it is my my pride and joy to show pictures of my grandchildren: Mandy, Kara and Zachary. Often we show others pictures that we have stored on our cell phone. My how times have changed.

Random Comment: Mandy's name is really Amanda. And when Zachary was born, Beverly would say, "I have grandchildren from A to Z." Cute, I thought.

Burning Salt Water
This is the most astonishing thing I have ever seen. Just think what this will mean in the future. Many thanks to Mark T. who shared this with me.



~~~
Quote of the Day
If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got,
he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.
~ Frank A. Clark

~~~
Joke of the Day
Earl and Bubba two guys from Elbert County GA are quietly sitting in a boat fishing, chewing and drinking beer when suddenly Bubba says, "I think I'm going to divorce my wife - she hasn't spoke to me in over 2 months."

Earl spits, sips his beer and says, "You better think it over - women like that are hard to find."
Thanks to David G. for this joke. Printed with permission from my wife.

Add your thoughts & ideas to this blog by clicking on the "comments" below

No comments: