Thursday, August 16, 2007

Went Fishing


Went fishing today. I wish we had gone catching instead! We went to beautiful Watauga Lake (See picture at right). We wanted to try out some fishing equipment and techniques we had learned about at Lake Erie last week.

Some of the things we wanted to try were some Deeper Divers (Dipsey Divers) that get your lures down to specific depths. We also wanted to try out some new lures, including some spoons, plugs, and worm harnesses. And, we wanted to try these with some new rods and reels. The new reels are fitted with line counters and are filled with new braided line that has 35 pound breaking strength. This picture below shows one of the reels. I think this system is going to work in East Tennessee. Hope to try it later on South Holston Lake and maybe Cherokee. This works so well for walleye in Lake Erie, I think it may have some promise around here. (I hope!)

My quote of the day is from the Bible. This verse is supposed to be the middle verse in the entire Bible (I have not confirmed this). I thought this interesting, and thought that if we could apply this to ourself it would help to put us in the center of God's will.

~~~~~
Quote of the Day
"It is better to trust in the Lord than to put confidence in man"
Psalms 118:8

2 comments:

Tennessee Granddaddy said...

Testing comments

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Jim. That is looking good, I am proud of yo DAD