Saturday, August 25, 2007

Good Saturday Morning!


Good morning. All is quiet and peaceful at our home this morning. Jade is now living with us, and I haven't seen her this morning. She was tired from all the excitement of yesterday, and sleeping in a little this morning. We had a great time at our picnic last night. We have "potluck" picnics, and there is always plenty of good food. Jade got a chance to meet many of our friends and sample some of our East Tennessee home cooking. Here's a picture taken of Jade, Beverly and I at the picnic. We have our picnics at the Eastman Recreation Area at the base of Bays Mountain which is a short drive from Kingsport, Tennessee.

Jade's up! Beverly explaining the workings of the microwave and where to find food in our kitchen. It Jade's first breakfast with us.

~~~
Quote of the Day

"A warm smile is the universal language of kindness."
-- William Arthur Ward.


~~~
Joke of the Day

An aged husband and wife are sitting on the front porch. The wife said, "I certainly would appreciate a vanilla ice cream cone." Husband: "I'll hobble right down to the drugstore and get you one dear." Wife: "Now, remember, I want vanilla. You always get chocolate. Write it down - Vanilla." Husband replied, "I can certainly remember vanilla. The store is only two blocks away." Husband comes back with a hamburger and hands it to his wife. She looks at it disgustedly. "I knew you'd forget the mustard," she said.

Checkout my Redneck Pictures

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Jim, just hang in there, I have for four years.

DAD

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing to have an exchange student staying with you. It will be lots of fun for all of you.