Friday, August 31, 2007

Travelling Day

Today we're traveling on our journey to west Kentucky.

Last night Jade called home. It was 8:00 PM on Thursday in Kingsport, but 7:00 AM on Friday In Hanoi, Vietnam. I didn't understand the words I heard, but I certainly felt the excitement and love in Jade's voice while she was talking to her mother.

The beautiful sunset you see in this picture was taken from a perch fishing boat on Lake Erie August 10, 2007. Two friends and myself were winding down a good day of fishing. The sunset was icing on the cake.

Have you ever heard of the Tate family? They pervade every organization. There is Dick Tate, who wants to run everything. Ro Tate tries to change everything. Agi Tate stirs up trouble whenever possible (and Irri Tate always lends him a hand)."
Whenever new ideas are suggested, Hesi Tate and Vegi Tate pour cold water on them. Imi Tate tries to mimic everyone, Devas Tate loves to be disruptive, and Poten Tate wants to be a big shot. But it's Facili Tate, Cogi Tate, and Medi Tate who always save the day and get everyone pulling together.

Isn't it wonderful when people cooperate and work together as a team.


~~~
Quotes of the Day

Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress.
Working together is success.
~Henry Ford


Teamwork divides the task and multiplies the success.
~Author Unknown


~~~
Joke of the Day
(A Poem)

THE MIRROR

The other day, I happened by chance,
As I passed a mirror, to give it a glance.
And I wondered who that old man could be,

Who, with his mouth wide open, was looking at me!


His bald head was sprinkled with a little gray fuzz,

And he wasn't at all handsome (like I always was).

He looked like a sack of mis-mated parts,

Put together without aid of instructions or charts.


And while I know that my shoulders don't slump,

This person's were misshapen in one ugly hump!

Now, if that was my image, I only can say,

They don't make mirrors like they did in my day!

~Author Unknown


No comments: